We are so excited for our guest today. We have Chelsea from MamaFishSaves! In case you don’t know, MamaFishSaves is a PF blog that talks all about budgeting, side hustle, kids- you name it. Recently she has been featured on the Modest Money Top Finance Blog list.
[2:8] So first, what is an embarrassing story?
· Big Harry Potter fans
· Came down in full HP gear with friends over
[2:37] Where did the idea for your blog come from?
· Didn’t feel fulfilled with hedge fund job
· Started answering money questions in a “mom’s group”
[3:57] As a mom and a blogger, how do you manage your time during the day?
· Husband is stay at home dad
· Work outside of the house
· Has a must-do list
· Blog laptop stays in the office
[5:29] What has been your proudest achievement when it comes to your blog?
· Finalist for Plutus award
[6:3] What are your goals for the next couple of years?
· Grow the audience
· Helping others realize they don’t have to be trapped by their jobs
[9:27] Any big projects in the works that you can share with us?
· 30-day $500 emergency fund challenge
· Free email video course coming in June
[10:59] What has been your biggest challenge as a blogger?
· Blog makes no money
· Graphics and social media
Value Link Round
[13:27] Why do you think people fail at achieving their dreams?
· People don’t understand their “why”
[13:56] Do you have any other books or podcasts you can recommend?
· Podcast: Pete- Do You Even Blog?
· Books: Conscious Capitalism
[15:40] Do you have a favorite quote?
· Live less out of habit and more out of intent
[15:52] Any last advice?
· Don’t forget to invest in your health
[27:43] Can you recommend any other books or podcasts?
· Podcast: smart passive income, do you even blog?, mind your business podcast
· Books: you are a badass at making money
[28:49] Do you have a favorite quote?
· Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it, the time will pass anyway.
[30:3] What is the best advice anyone has given you?
· Start pushing yourself to help achieve those steps
· Push yourself outside of your comfort zone