Lisa is a lawyer living in DC. She is the author of the blog The Give and Get, it is here that she talks about everything from personal finance to food and relationships.
[2:40] Did you go to see the Cherry Blossoms?
· Avid biker
· Cherry season is the worst season for biking
[3:50] Where did the idea for your blog come from?
· Writes a lot
· Reads PF blogs all the time
· Has an interesting debt payoff story
[8:6] You write on all sorts of topics- which is your favorite and why?
· Achieving financial independence as a single person
[11:59] You paid off a ton of student loan debt- can you tell us about it?
· Impressive headline but boring story
· Paid off loans by using bonuses and tax refunds
[17:48] You have a post about retiring early on a low income. What advice do you tell people?
· Reading blogs where people weren’t writing blogs on realistic numbers
· The PF blog wants to appear to people with low income but wants to help
· The post was gratifying
[26:21] If you could go back and tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
· Believe the average amount of people
Katie created this online course to teach you how to maximize your Airbnb profile.
If you’re enjoying this podcast, don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review!
Value Link Round
[30:21] Why do you think people fail at achieving their dreams?
· I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do
· Never make the effort
[31:23] What other books or podcasts do you recommend?
· Books: Thanks for the feedback
· Podcast: The Fire drill podcast, the art of manliness
[33:6] What is your favorite quote?
· All you need sometimes is 20 seconds of intense bravery or courage and something amazing will happen.
[35:8] Any last advice?
· Work on self-love