Bethany’s blog tells all about how to travel on a dime- something that everyone wants to do, but struggle actually doing.
[0:44] Bethany, can you tell our listeners about yourself?
· Lives in California
· Has a puppy named London
· Loves to travel
[1:38] So, when you boarded that plane to England and all you had was 2 bags- what was the scariest part?
· The unknown
· Never been overseas
[3:35] Did you have a plan or a job lined up?
· Volunteer job
· Did pay for room and travel
[4:33] If you could go back and know something before all your travels started, what would it be?
· Failure is an option
· Failing is learning
[6:20] Tell us, how was Norway?
· Went in May of 2017
· Want to go back and do it again
· So much to see
[7:56] Travelling is expensive; we all want to do it- how do you afford this?
· Live frugally in everyday life
· Travel in the off peak seasons
· Stay with friends, hostels or Airbnb
· Use flight apps like Hopper
[10:28] You said that you want to hit 30 countries before your 30th birthday. What countries are next on your list?
· Next year- Israel and Jordan
[12:28] What is your favorite thing to talk about when it comes to money?
[13:44] Where do you see people making their biggest financial mistakes?
· Credit- there is a lot that we don’t get taught
[15:0] Where has it been the hardest for you when taking control of your finances?
· I’m a born spender
[16:15] Chain of Wealth – Are you looking for a support group for learning how to manage money?
Head over to chainofwealth.com/group to be redirected to our facebook group where you can join the community and get the support you deserve.
If you’re enjoying this podcast, don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review!
Value Link Round
[16:39] Why do you think that people don’t achieve their dreams?
· Dreams are so big and there’s not enough consistency
[19:18] Do you have a favorite quote?
· If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail
[19:53] What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
· My friend told me, you are the only one who can say it like you
[20:58] Where can our listeners reach you?
[21:18] Any parting advice?
· One step at a time