[1:38] What did you do when you started building your credit Katie?
- Kate was added onto her brother’s credit card when she went to college
- Kate’s mom also opened an account for her and then made the payments
- When she had to pay for her teeth she had to open a care account
- A credit card application came after college because she had her student loan that was now due
- She’s not got the Uber credit card
[5:35] Denis had quite a different story for his credit history
- He had a platinum credit card in South Africa, however in the US it does not translate
- Denis was told he had no credit history so he had to start from scratch
- The easiest way is to open up a secured credit card- essentially you fund the credit card
- Pro tip- put more money in then you can use the points
- Eventually after 6/7 months Denis started getting stuff in the mail
- Denis now had over $60k of available facility on his credit card
[11:42] A good way to keep your first credit card under control is to only put a few expenses on your credit card or only really spending what you absolutely need.
[12:51] What you do eventually get your first credit card, it’s a really exciting time.
Only really use what you absolutely need to.
Check out CreditWise from CapitalOne.