Krystel from All She Saves is a young professional living in Minnesota who is doing huge things! Like paying back $77,000 in student loans. She documents her journey to paying off her debt, living life and working full time.
[2:43] So did Minnesota shut down the same way DC did during the spring snow storm?
· Did not get any snow
[4:6] You lived in student loan payback doom for years as well. What made you change your thinking and decide to pay back your loan so quickly?
· So many people are in it but don’t talk about it
· Had over $15,000 of credit card debt
· Tom, her boyfriend got suspicious of her spending habits
[10:44] So you’re paying back an original $77,000- and have gotten down to about $40,000 wow! You paid off $12,000 last year! That’s huge! What sacrifices did you make to accomplish this?
· Looked at budget and cut anything that wasn’t needed
· Stopped drinking coffee, eating out
[15:30] In your February report, you overspent but you don’t feel guilty about it. Tell us a bit about how you still splurge while paying back this debt.
· Built in splurge category
[20:22] Lots of PF bloggers are all about the side hustle. What side hustles are you doing?
· Rover- dog sitting app
· All She Saves has become side hustle
[22:14] With the inspiration of your blog, you now have a “Get Out Of Debt” community at your job. How cool! What kinds of things do you guys do? How often do you meet?
· Got a work message asking if it was her blog
· Group of 3 who meets once a week
· Texts each other goals
· Shares book recommendation
[25:8] Value Link Round: If you need a writer- call Katie! She can do it for you!
Value Link Round
[25:30] Why do you think people fail at achieving their dreams?
· Set goals that are too big
[28:51] What other books/ podcasts do you recommend?
· Podcast: ChooseFI
· Books: You need a budget, the year of less
[29:17] What is your favorite quote?
· Tell me what it is that you plan to do with your one wild and precious life
[31:45] Do you have any last advice?
· You don’t have to live with debt
· Paying it back is do-able
[31:14] Do you have any other books or podcasts you can recommend?
· Podcast: ChooseFI, Do you even blog
· Books: Dave Ramsey- the total money makeover, simple path to wealth
[32:6] Do you have a favorite quote?
· Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
[32:53] Any other last advice?
· If you’re struggling or in debt- don’t give up