Andy Hill is a husband, father and fellow podcaster! His podcast, Marriage, Kids & Money talks to tons of people on some of the big trending topics- like paying off debt, keeping a family balance and paying off tons of debt- which he has a ton of experience in.
[2:44] What is your favorite thing about podcasting?
· Connecting with like-minded people
[4:26] If someone is thinking about starting a podcast- what is one piece of advice you could offer them?
· Major passion around whatever topic you choose
· Lots of learning on the backend
[6:30] Where did the idea for your podcast come from?
· Growth opportunity
· Andy wanted to learn how to help his family out
[8:18] You have paid off a ton of debt- including over $48k in a year and also your 195K house in 4 years- what did you do to accomplish this?
· Accumulated debt being fun and living life for today
· Decided it would be great to pay off all consumer debt before their first child
[12:40] What was a memorable life learning lesson you had when it came to budgeting your money?
· Involving your spouse in the decisions
· Kid free time is the best time to have serious conversions
[14:31] You seem to have a really good work/life balance- what is your secret?
· Time management is crucial
[19:57] What tips do you have for people who struggle to find the balance?
· Learn to prioritize the most important things first
Value Link Round
[22:10] Why do you think people struggle to achieve their dreams?
· People talk about dreams in a fantasy type way
· You need to create actions steps to implement
[23:5] What books/podcasts do you listen to?
· The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
· How I Built This by Guy Ras
[24:46] Do you have a favorite quote?
· Carpe Diem
[25:41] Any last advice?
Find out what really excites you and put some action steps inside it.