Allea is a millennial who has paid off a huge amount of debt. She has documented the whole journey on her blog Askallea.com. She is a passionate personal finance blogger who helps her readers develop a better relationship with money. Fun fact: she is from a teeny tiny town in Nebraska and she has no sense of smell.
[2:55] Tell us something else about yourself
· Have broken nose two times
[5:33] You have quite the debt payoff story- can you share it with us?
· Graduated with $21 in student debt
· Car loan
· Study abroad loan
· Lead a frugal life
· $550 of pay would go towards “future me”
· Side hustle/ roommates
[14:2] Have you made any big financial mistakes?
· Not really
· Budgeted $100 a month on clothes
[21:5] What topic do you like posting about most on your blog?
· Money mindset
· Mom taught about money in a practical way
[23:46] So you offer budgeting services- can you tell us a bit about your prices and what comes with the package?
· Started by helping her friend create a budget
· 1 on 1 meeting
· Starter homework
· 1-hour meeting
· Can do over Skype
[28:26] What do you think is most important to remember when trying to pay off debt?
· Make a plan and stick with it
[34:22] Value Link: Looking for an easy side hustle? Check out chainofwealth.com/airbnb for some free information on how to get started.
Value Link Round
[34:50] Why do you think people fail to achieve their dreams?
· People don’t know what to dream at first
[35:35] Do you have any favorite books or podcasts?
· Book: Financially Fearless; the millionaire next door
[37:26] What’s your favorite quote?
· Progress over perfection
· Living in your means doesn’t have to suck