Billy is probably the most unique guest that we have had the pleasure of interviewing. His story starts at a party in college that lands him in prison for 10 years. Flash forward to now, Billy has a blog called Wealth Well Done, a book- SPARK, owns property, is married to a beautiful wife and has a net worth of over a quarter of a million dollars.
[1:51] Tell us about that day you got arrested.
· 21 years old- was a regular day
· His friend was dead- thought it was a bad dream
· Sentenced to 10 years in prison
[5:50] You didn’t waste away while serving your time; you really made it count. What sort of things did you do while you were serving your sentence?
· First 2 years- trying to survive
· Disgusted with self
· Worked to become a person he was proud of
· Knew he was better than this
[12:20] After you got out of prison, what did you do?
· Made soup and a sandwich- so liberating!
· Saw Friends/ family
· Started making goals
[23:3] You have started a blog called wealth well done. What is your goal for starting this blog?
· Looking for the purpose of life
· Loves to write
· Wealthiest people are filled with drive and passion
[27:19] One of your posts on Crypto really caught my eye. It was about how crypto reminds you of heroin. How so?
· Extreme highs and extreme lows
[32:25] What are your plans for the future?
· To have financial independence
· Was created for something
Katie created this online course to teach you how to maximize your Airbnb profile.
If you’re enjoying this podcast, don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review!
Value Link Round
[34:54] Why do you think people fail at achieving their dreams?
· So few people have patience
· A lot of people choose the wrong dream
· Make bad financial decisions
[38:12] What other books or podcasts do you recommend?
· Read books from people you want to be like
[39:25] Do you have a favorite quote?
· The best thing about telling the truth, is you never have to remember what you say.
[41:45] What is the best advice someone has given to you?
· Nope- I think I’ve said everything
· The biggest step towards wealth and happiness is often forgiving ourselves of our greatest mistakes.