Lily Nwora is a personal trainer and founder of Dresses & Dumbbells have been featured on multiple news, media, and print outlets. Lily paid off $70,000 over 3 years and knocked out $40,000 in 2018 alone!
[2:19] Tell us a bit about yourself
- Registered dietician and personal trainer and acquired some debt
- Mainly student loans
[3:42] What financial hurdles are you most proud that you have overcome?
- Lifestyle creep was hard when she started making money and wanted a big apartment
- You’re (almost) always going to have some living above you so if it’s in an apartment building or basement, it doesn’t make much difference.
[10:12] What link do you see between physical fitness and financial fitness?
- Having a set plan
- Setting a deadline
- Putting in place a plan that you’ll actually stick to!
[13:17] What was you plan to pay off debt?
- Lily didn’t make a plan and was enraged when she discovered how little went to her principal payments
- Started listening to Dave Ramsey and started paying off extra each month (over 3 times!)
[17:37] Give us a 60 second elevator pitch about your workouts.
- Platform to empower women to be strong and have a strong mindset
[25:33] What does your saving and retirement plan look like?
- Investing in a 401k and doing the match
- Roth IRA
- Saving 3-6 months of expenses as recommended by Dave Ramsey
- Extra streams of income
[27:23] What are some favorite books you can recommend?
- Podcast: Dave Ramsey Podcast
- Book: First Steps to Wealth by Dani Johnson
[28:18] A favorite quote?
- If you don’t ask you don’t get
[29:25] Parting piece of advice?
- Just start, things are not going to be perfect
Start with a plan!