Amanda Stewart is the Editor, Writer and Website Manager for District Media Finance. With an audience of over 10 million visitors, District Media Finance’s objective is to deliver high-quality personal finance news and advice that informs, empowers, educates and entertains the public.
The company provide this information free of charge through their portfolio of 58 different personal finance websites, with all operating expenses paid through advertising.
[3:31] Could you tell us a recent money mistake you’ve made?
● Rented TV, bed and bed stand for 18 months (paid 3 times what it’s worth)
[6:23] Could you give us a brief history of District Media Finance?
● Running for the past 5 years; last 3 years Amanda has been involved
● Covers topics such as saving money, investing debt stories etc.
● Amanda loves talking about her debt story and inspiring people
[9:24] You serve an audience of over 10 million visitors. More and more bloggers, youtubers and content creators are growing their audiences and reaching more people. How important do you think the social responsibility is of content creators and do you think there’s going to be even more ways to reach people in the future?
● There will be tons of ways to reach more people the trend is going to continue growing
● People that make content have a huge responsibility to give factual information and morality behind the story
[10:44] What’s one of the topic money tips you have for our listeners?
● Don’t try to live without an emergency fund
Value Link Round
[12:57] What is your saving or retirement plan?
● Starting savings from scratch- emergency fund got depleted from the loss of a job
[13:41] Do you have any other books or podcasts you can recommend?
● Dave Ramsey Fan- Financial Peace University
[15:19] Favorite Quote?
● Be the change you want to see in the world
[15:38] Parting piece of advice?
● Whatever is happening to you financially right now is not the end of the world. It will get better.