Liz is the creator of Chief Mom Officer, a personal finance blog whose mission is to teach working women about how to manage their money. Liz has been pursuing financial freedom for over 20 years and is currently the breadwinner for her family of 5.
[3:53] Could you tell us a bit about your story, your husband is a stay at home dad, was it always like that and what prompted that lifestyle?
● Married for quite some time with 3 kids
● Health issues 6 years ago
● Becoming more of a trend
[5:54] What’s some of the biggest struggles that women face in the workplace and do you feel like things have become more fair in years gone by?
● Face a ton of different struggles
● Gotten much better over time
● Negotiating is not done as much
[11:25] Liz, you’re a busy person. The breadwinner in your home and you have 3 kids you take care of. You also manage your blog and still find time for people. I know you’ve been asked this question before, but how you manage to fit all that in and still have spare time?
● Liz’s husband is able to give Liz a lot more spare time because he helps out around the house a lot
● Always been busy; went to school part time while working
● Having a knit list(3 things) has been fundamental to getting stuff done
[17:12] What’s one of the best pieces of advice you can give working women who are trying to
get ahead financially?
● Know where you are and where you want to go and make a plan to get there
Check out our post on passive income- www.chainofwealth.com/passive-income/ there’s a ton of advice and strategies that can help you get ahead.
Value Link Round
[20:2] What is your saving or retirement plan?
● Stocks and bonds
● Vanguard before it was cool
[22:25] Do you have any other books or podcasts you can recommend?
● Your Money or Your Life
● Taylor Larimore
● Stacking Benjamins
● None 🙂
[24:32] Parting piece of advice?
● Take it easy on your self